[Asterisk-Users] No D-channels available! Using Primary on channel 16 anyway!

Alyed Tzompa alyed.tzompa at simitel.com
Thu Jan 12 12:17:08 MST 2006

I had a very similar problem some months ago, was using a Sangoma A101 card though. The problem was something related to the card's memory and was
 able to solve it by updating the driver. It was caused due to I was using a brand new card with a not so updated driver (I was using one that I thought was
 "stable")

 So my advice here is to check the driver version you are using if not the very last one, then update it. Try looking at the /var/log/messages file for any
 extra info, you might find something interesting.

Alyed

 by lists.digium.com (Postfix) with SMTP id ACB784060
 for <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>;

 Hi!

I have a E1 PRI connected to my TE400P card on span 1, and two channelbanks on span 3 and 4 and  * 1.2.

Every few hours I get this message and asterisk dies just after that:

Warning: No D-channels available! Using Primary on channel   16  anyway!

When this happens restarting zaptel and asterisk services, generally puts the system back online

my zaptel.con reads:

span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
 #span=2,0,0,cas,hdb3
span=3,2,0,esf,b8zs   #<-- This because we have two American CBs
span=4,3,0,esf,b8zs

bchan=1-15
dchan=16
bchan=17-31

fxoks=63-86
fxoks=87-110
loadzone = us

Ideas anybody? Please?

 Things done:
* zttool/ztcfg
* Trying R2 instead of PRI (R2 is the south americanstatdar, which wont even start)
*Added crc4 to span1, with ugly sound consequences
 --
Paavum Regina, Per Secula et Secularum!!