[Asterisk-Users] AMP and additional conf files

Francesco Peeters (Asterisk) francesco at fampeeters.com
Thu Jan 12 11:31:30 MST 2006

On Thu, January 12, 2006 19:18, Ben Ferguson said:
> Hello all.  I've been searching and can't quite find what I'm looking
> for...
>
> I've gotten AMP installed and up and running quite decently on an Asterisk
> box and am now in the process of tweaking it to my needs.  My company
> currently has around 70 employees and we are running on a complete Avaya
> system, but this system is no longer going to work for us (too much money
> for not enough stuff).  So I have been put in charge of setting up an
> Asterisk PBX and get an entire test system going on it  to see if Asterisk
> will meet our telephone needs.  Extensions, queues, voicemail, stats, etc
> etc.  Here's the problem: this Asterisk server is actually currently
> running
> live, serving information to people calling in to it.  I need my test
> office
> setup, with AMP and this other system to work simultaneously, but yet
> totally separate.  As my stuff is for a test, I would like to set it up so
> that when I dial in TO my Asterisk PBX FROM a specific telephone number,
> it
> takes me to my office test section in asterisk, otherwise, from ANY other
> number, it dials the info serving section.  This would allow me to call
> from
> a certain telephone number and be able to get to my test office setup, but
> if anybody else calls from any other number, they get the other stuff.
> Doesn't sound too bad right?
>
> So how would one do this using AMP if AMP is more of the "secondary"
> system?
> If I understand correctly, to add additional, custom contexts to
> extensions.conf, it should be entered into extensions_additional.conf and
> the contexts should contain the word "custom" in them.  So, first
> question,
> what if I want that custom context to be the first context (as in possibly
> the default context), but only if it's from a certain telephone number...?
> I assume you would enter that custom context as the context in
> zapata.conf,
> but how would you tell it to go back to the AMP stuff if the FROM
> telephone
> number is my speicifc telephone number?  What context would I send it to
> so
> that it will do the regular AMP stuff?  (Incidentally, I have a local
> telephone number and an 888 telephone number coming into my PRI, but when
> called, my Asterisk PBX views/receives them both as the local telephone
> number.)
> <SNIP>

Normally in AMP (depending on version) you'd make either an inbound route
like this : 4081234567|4081234599 (where the 4567 is the DID and 4599 the
callerID) or an inbound route with DID=4081234567 and CID=4081234599 and
then send it to a specific extension or custom context...

HTH

--
F Peeters
  PIII 450 - 1 GB - * 1.2 - BRIstuff 0.3.0 Pre 1 - Florz patch