[Asterisk-Users] VMauthenticate always asks for mailbox

Gil Kloepfer astr-usr at kloepfer.org
Tue Jan 10 07:56:12 MST 2006

I've been trying to use the VMAuthenticate function in 1.2+.  This
function is supposed to "behave[s] the same way as the Authenticate
application, but the passwords are taken from voicemail.conf."

The problem is that it always gives the "comedian mail" prompt and
requests the mailbox number, even though I provide the mailbox
number already.

The upshot is that VMAuthenticate is not working like Authenticate
and makes the user think they are connecting to voicemail.  My motivation
to use VMAuthenticate was to provide for a single password (the voicemail
password seemed like a good idea) for users to do various things.

Am I missing the point of VMAuthenticate or is this a bug?  If it's
a bug, I know where it is...but I wanted to ask before going down the
bugpath road.

(Techie note:  In function vm_authenticate() in app_voicemail.c,
when "skipuser" is set to 0, the mailbox number is always requested,
and that's the way it is called in the VMAuthenticate app.)

Thanks!

---
Gil Kloepfer
astr-usr at kloepfer.org