[Asterisk-Users] GSM codec problem - Windows messenger 5.1

Ricardo Monteiro ricardo.monteiro at aveiro.nec.pt
Thu Jan 12 06:01:36 MST 2006

Hi,

            I'm using Windows Messenger 5.1 (It supports SIP) with
Windows XP to connect to another SIP user using asterisk in the middle.
The codec selected is gsm and I have a problem because the sound sent by
my machine reach the end point all wrong, it seems just noise...

If I use uLaw (or gsm from other machine with othe UA) everything works
fine.

I think the audio codec used at my machine is the "Microsoft GSM 6.10"

As anyone experienced some problem like this one, or similar with this
codec?

Thanks,

            Ricardo