[Asterisk-Users] Re: RE : Re: RE : codecs order and so on

Tomislav Parcina tparcina at lama.hr
Thu Jan 12 02:31:04 MST 2006

In article <00a701c616c8$719aabb0$6402a8c0 at olivierg>,
olivier.taylor at gmail.com says...
> Calling zap => no problem, Ulaw is choosen
> Calling pstn provider =>fail (I need g729 but Ulaw is choosen)
> Call from zap => no problem Ulaw is choosen
> Call from pstn => no problem g729 used...

When you call out * establishes two channels. One is between Ua and *,
and another between * and Zap (or provider).

If you call out, asterisk first negotiate codec for that channel. Then
it tries to nagotiate codec for second channel. When you call your
provider it can't nagotiate because he doesn't have g729 codec.

This is reason why you have problem, and I have explain how to solw it.
There is nothing else I can say to help you.

--

Tomislav Parcina
name.surname at email.t-com.hr