[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel modules load, but Asterisk fails at startup

Francesco Peeters (Asterisk) francesco at fampeeters.com
Wed Jan 11 16:26:02 MST 2006

On Wed, January 11, 2006 23:37, Tzafrir Cohen said:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 01:36:24PM -0700, Stephen Bosch wrote:
>> Francesco Peeters (Asterisk) wrote:
>
>> > Try running ztcfg -vvv
>>
>> Yes, that fixes it -- my question, I guess, is how to get that to run
>> automatically at boot time...
>
> I run ztcfg in a spcial init.d script for zaptel (which also does other
> clean-ups).
>
> Nothing stops you from running ztcfg in the asterisk init.d script.
>
> BTW: there is no point in the -vvv: ztcfg will be nice and verbose in
> reporting errors when they happen. No need for the extra noise (and
> wasted time) at boot.

I agree about the -vvv being superfluous. I only added it to get
confirmation that it actually had seen the card and it's ports in case it
didn't work as expected...  ;-)

You may notice that there's no -vvv in the modprobe.conf sample lines
either...

Cheers!

--
F Peeters
  PIII 450 - 1 GB - * 1.2 - BRIstuff 0.3.0 Pre 1 - Florz patch