[Asterisk-Users] Hangup Detection (revisited)

Philip Edelbrock phil at netroedge.com
Wed Jan 11 16:22:13 MST 2006

Darrick Hartman wrote:
> A little background.  I'm integrating asterisk as the voicemail service
> for an old Meridian/Norstar pbx which has an ATA-2 connected.  The ATA-2
> is used to connect an analog device (such as a voice modem) to the pbx.
>  In the past we've used vgetty and a voice modem with varying degrees of
> success.

If you haven't yet, I'd turn on busydetect in zapata.conf.  Can't hurt
and might (although unlikely) work (I had to turn it on to make it work
on my system).  Switching to loop-start might be worth a try, too.

For a while my VM * system wasn't doing disconnect detection, and it was
OK.  I had trouble with the single-port cheapo cards off eBay with the
silence thresholds, but using a TDM400P card fixed that for me.  Also
make sure all you menus will time out and hang up.

You could try posting to the Nortel list: