[Asterisk-Users] Nested MySQL Commands

John Daragon john at argv.co.uk
Wed Jan 11 14:13:50 MST 2006

Douglas Garstang wrote:
> Peter, I assume you mean something like this in extensions.conf:
>
> exten => _X.,1,AGI(master-dial-logic.pl)
>
> and then there's only one call. All logic would be performed by
 > the perl script. This has many advantages. One disadvantage however
 > is that potentially, there could be 120 simultaneous instances of
 > this script running (one per call).

Yes, but if you need it to scale efficiently, each of these could
be a very lightweight process. If you used each of these to communicate
via RPC or shared memory to a process with a small and configurable pool
of database connections (which isn't that difficult), you can build a
simple and scalable solution.

jd

John Daragon                                          john at argv.co.uk
argv[0] limited               (Asterisk implementation & consultancy)
Lambs Lawn Cottage,  Staple Fitzpaine,  Taunton,  TA3 5SL,  UK
v +44 (0) 1460 234068   f +44 (0) 1460 234069   m +44 (0) 7836 576127