[Asterisk-Users] IAX & CallerID

scott scott at mysecretworld.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 23:52:20 MST 2006

Hi All

Apologises if this has been disussed and I missed it.

My SetUp
I have a sip phone registered to an asterisk box (a1) in one location 1.
This phone dials an extension which is in another location, so a1  passes the call via IAX to the other asterisk (a2) in location 2 which then dials the local phone.

My Problem
The caller ID setup in the sip.conf for the phone registered to a1 is not passed via the IAX to a2 and is therefor not being displayed on the phone in location2. The only way I can get the phone in location2 to display the caller ID is to set the callerid in the user part in the iax.conf on a2.

Hope this makes sense
Many thanks
Scott Pinhorne