[Asterisk-Users] Transfer sounds - notifications

Francesco Peeters (Asterisk) francesco at fampeeters.com
Wed Jan 11 05:25:09 MST 2006

On Wed, January 11, 2006 12:46, Tomislav Parcina said:
> When I try to make attendend transfer (*2) this what hapends.
> I press *2 other person goes on hold and I hear "transfer". I press
> extension number and that extension starts to ring but I don't hear
> anything. If nobody picks up that phone call in few seconds I get back
> to the person I was talking to (the person I triesd to transfer). The
> problem is that again, I don't hear anything (that person waits for me
> to say something) and I don't know that I'm back to transfered person.
>
> I hope that I have make it clear enough.
>
> Anyway, how can I solve this one? I would like to hear that the phone of
> extension is ringing, and I would like to konw when I'm speaking again
> with my caller.

On <http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+features.conf>:

 ;courtesytone = beep            ; Sound file to play to the parked caller
                                 ; when someone dials a parked call
 ;xfersound = beep               ; to indicate an attended transfer is
complete
 ;xferfailsound = beeperr        ; to indicate a failed transfer

You could try these to see if that makes a difference?...

Good luck!

--
F Peeters
  PIII 450 - 1 GB - * 1.2 - BRIstuff 0.3.0 Pre 1 - Florz patch