[Asterisk-Users] Re: Re: Re: Remotely reboot SIP Phones ?

Tomislav Parcina tparcina at lama.hr
Wed Jan 11 03:07:31 MST 2006

In article <43C3C218.9080904 at shsu.edu>, amdtech at shsu.edu says...
> Figured it out :)
>
> Basically, you have to have a file called syncinfo.xml in the tftp root
> directory, with the following contents:
>
> <SYNCINFO>
> <IMAGE VERSION="*" SYNC="1"/>
> </SYNCINFO>
>
> Also, in SIPDefault.cnf or the phone's configuration file, stick:
>
> sync: "0"
>
> somewhere so the phone's sync value doesn't match the value in syncinfo.xml.
>
> If you make a change of sorts, just run "sip notify reboot-cisco
> <username>" at any time in asterisk and it'll send the notify to the phone.
>
> If the phone is in use, it waits until it's idle, once it is, it waits
> 20 seconds and then checks the syncinfo.xml file, and if the values of
> sync are different, it reboots :)

Hi Aron!

What Cisco phone do you use? I use 7940 with SIP firmware version POS3-
07-5-00. For me it works but on wery strange, I shuld say wrong way.

I have put syncinfo.xml in tftp root and when I enter this in * CLI

pbx*CLI> sip notify reboot-cisco 201 202
Unable to find notify type 'reboot-cisco'
pbx*CLI> sip notify cisco-check-cfg 201 202
Sending NOTIFY of type 'cisco-check-cfg' to '201'
Sending NOTIFY of type 'cisco-check-cfg' to '202'

Like you said, after 20s it looks for two files in tftp root dir -
dialplan.xml (why?) and syncinfo.xml. Then Cisco waits. I have wait for
more then 12 min and nothing happened. Then when I decaided to pick up
handset, then it started to reboot.

He reboots for 2-3 min. If my boss needs to make a "important" phone
call I'll get fired :))

Why he vaits that I pick up handset (or press any bottun)?

Anyway, thank you for this one (if I don't get fired :))

--

Tomislav Parcina
name.surname at email.t-com.hr