[Asterisk-Users] Re: Re: Remotely reboot SIP Phones ?

kevin ling kevin.ling at amphenol.com.tw
Tue Jan 10 19:40:19 MST 2006

Thanks a lot. It's work :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Aaron Daniel
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 10:18 PM
To: tparcina at lama.hr; Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial
Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Re: Re: Remotely reboot SIP Phones ?

Figured it out :)

Basically, you have to have a file called syncinfo.xml in the tftp root
directory, with the following contents:

<SYNCINFO>
<IMAGE VERSION="*" SYNC="1"/>
</SYNCINFO>

Also, in SIPDefault.cnf or the phone's configuration file, stick:

sync: "0"

somewhere so the phone's sync value doesn't match the value in syncinfo.xml.

If you make a change of sorts, just run "sip notify reboot-cisco <username>"
at any time in asterisk and it'll send the notify to the phone.

If the phone is in use, it waits until it's idle, once it is, it waits 20
seconds and then checks the syncinfo.xml file, and if the values of sync are
different, it reboots :)

Aaron