[Asterisk-Users] codecs order and so on

Olivier Taylor olivier.taylor at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 01:19:19 MST 2006

Just have a lok at this config :

[general]
Disallow=all
Allow=g729
Allow=ulaw

[pstn]
Disallow=all
Allow=g729

[zap]
Disallow=all
Allow=ulaw

In extensions.conf, I change the context for each call, Asterisk doesn't
care of codecs in contexts, it uses the order of general...
Could be good to have Ssterisk making a match between codecs in General and
the context used to make a call
But definitiely, Asterisk choose g729 even if I am in the zap context

Any idea, help is welcome.

Olivier