[Asterisk-Users] 32 E1's in one Asterisk 'box'

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 10:09:18 MST 2006

Well, this product from signate uses infiniband...
It has 4 slots for quad e1/t1 per slot.
http://www.signate.com/pdf/TelephonyServer.pdf

Just read the PDF. Obviously this is not an x86 Pc. I wonder if you want to
build your own or were looking for a beast like this.

BTW, any real world comments about the signate machine?

just a penny.

On 1/10/06, janvb at caselaboratories.com <janvb at caselaboratories.com> wrote:

> The question was actually if Asterisk could support this and still act
> as one entity?
>
> I would in this case use 2 PC's with 16 E1's each, but this is as far as
> I can see 2 separate PABX's. Are there a possibility to make these 2 (3
> or 4 or whatsoever) PC's act as one entity so I can connect a B channel
> on one PC to a B channel on another PC etc.
>
> Jan
>
> Aaron Daniel wrote:
>
> > Wow, I agree with Alexander... putting that many lines in a single box
> > is one rather large single point of failure...
> >
> > Aaron
> >
> > Alexander Lopez wrote:
> >
> >>  I would look at using serveral machine splitting up the load using one
> >> 4 port card in each.

Erick Perez
Linux User 376588
http://counter.li.org/  (Get counted!!!)