[Asterisk-Users] Wake-Up Call

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Jan 9 21:59:37 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 23:37 -0500, gw at adcomcorp.com wrote:
> Something to think about is this too, when completed scheduling, ask
> would you like to notify another extension, so if the first does not
> answer in two attempts, ring a cell phone or such.
>
> But I cannot complain, I use the wakeup call function every day, and it
> is definitely better than any alarm clock or pbx reminder available.

The way that this works is a little difficult potentially.  You have to
impose limits on the extension that can be notified, generally this isnt
a problem for 99% of people, so ...

When you have another extension, the user typically can only type
numbers, this puts the limitation on creating a context that wakeup is
going to use that is going to have enough capability.  This also means
that users might be able to circumvent dialing restrictions that they
may otherwise have in place.  Generally this wont be a problem, thus the
99% comment above, however there is that 1% ...

One way to work around would be to get whatever context the call came in
on and use that for outgoing, however that may not be acceptable to
others ...  Without going to a full blown profile system this type of
feature creates other problems in terms of dialing restrictions.

It is possible, maybe if I add that to mine I will make it optional
however so that it should be suitable for 100% not just some arbitrarily
random number I selected above :)

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378