[Asterisk-Users] Incoming Zap channels not behaving as expected. Rejecting call on channel....

Beau Hargis beauh at bluefrogmobile.com
Mon Jan 9 20:06:05 MST 2006

I have been messing with Asterisk for months and got it working well
with a SIP connection, but this is the first time I have set it up with
TDM cards. The cards are configured, working and the T-1's (configured
for PRI/DCHAN) and I can even call into it if I add the DNIS as an
extension to default context. That is the oddity.

I can find nowhere in the documentation that says anything about having
to create separate extensions for all the DNIS that are assigned to the
trunks. The message I am getting when I follow the docs on configuring
zapata and the dial plan is this:

    -- Extension '2061234567' in context 'default' from '206987654' does
not exist.  Rejecting call on channel 0/16, span 4

When I add '_206XXXXXXX,1,Goto(demo,s,1)' I can get it to work.

This is going to be for an IVR application not a PBX. So, numbers are
routed down the trunks and the machine picks up and runs the application
assigned to the DNIS that came down the line. And, I am getting the
right ANI (CALLER_ID) and DNIS (Number Called). Problem is that if I
have to configure every DNIS, or a pattern for them, I cant have a fall
through.

Is this how it is supposed to behave? From all the docs I can find, it
doesn't seem so. Seems to me that the s extension in [default] should
work. What are other people's experiences hooking up TDM hardware for
incoming calls?

The message is coming from chan_zap.c in the function pri_dchannel,
case: PRI_EVENT_RING, line 8563, as an else clause for (overlapdial &&
ast_canmatch_extension).

I am running asterisk-1.2/zaptel-1.2/libpri-1.2 branches on CentOS 4.2
x86_64, Dual Opteron, with Sangoma 104d's hooked right up to a switch in
a datacenter on T-1's configured as PRI with a dchannel

Thanks in advance.

--
beau hargis
blue frog mobile