[Asterisk-Users] OT: IAXModem in inittab causes modem to be unres ponsive, running from console it's OK

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Mon Jan 9 12:53:58 MST 2006

faxguy, maybe you can tell me why

As I've noted in previous posts I'm evaluating HylaFax with IAXModem. When I
run iaxmodem and faxgetty through a console the modem works 100% I have yet
to find a fax that it won't tie up with. When I run IAXmodem and faxgetty in
initttab, the modem is extremely slow to respond and only actually does
anything about half the time, the rest of the time the HylaFax client says:
"Initializing server" and it stays there forever. If it does send a fax, the
fax is usually corrupt. faxguy, can you comment? Running FC2 latest, SMP
NetFinity, Asterisk 1.0.9 as non-root, latest SpanDSP for -users, not -dev
(Pre21?) all on same box. The 2 virtual modems are set up to a non-obvious
port (not 4569) to avoid port conflict.