[Asterisk-Users] spandsp, rxfax, TDM400/zaptel, missed frames, any help?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Jan 9 10:15:07 MST 2006

> >I'm certainly not the expert on this topic, but I believe the issue has
> >to do with the pci bus and probably relates to the TigerJet chip used on
> >the card. Until that's addressed, any analog modem use through the card
> >will be marginal at best. (Same issue as with the older x100p card.)
> >

> I can send and receive faxes just fine with my X100P (well, actually it
> was just a winmodem that was identical to the X100P).  And I fax with
> ECM, so I notice every little glitch in the data stream.
>
> So I strongly doubt that your speculation is correct.

It would be very interesting to know the real numbers that have it working.
The archives (and about two/three years of attempting to help others with
the exact same problem) suggests no better then maybe one in ten or twenty
will ever get spandsp to work with the digium x100p or TDM card.

Maybe the trick is for you to identify 'exactly' which winmodem card
does work; others would be very happy to give it a try without a doubt!