[Asterisk-Users] call files, fax

David N. Welton d.welton at webster.it
Mon Jan 9 04:21:44 MST 2006

Hello,

I have a couple of questions:

1) Before heading off for a bit of vacation, I was having a wierd
problem where I was getting more than one call per callfile placed in
the outgoing/ spool.  I describe it here:

http://forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?t=3455

so far, so good - it's not doing it right now, but what might cause that?

2) app_txfax

I need to know if a fax has gone through or not.  My reading of txfax
seems to indicate that it basically just fails, rather than giving me
anything I can work with to try and fail gracefully (letting the user
know that things didn't go well).  Is that indeed correct?  I don't know
Asterisk that well, so I may be completely off base:-)  What would be
the best way to make it interact better with the dial plan so that one
could detect if it fails and act accordingly?  Set a variable?

3) I'm working on a small, simple email->fax system.  Just out of
curiosity, what else is out there for Asterisk?  I found AsterFax, but
it looks a little bit hairy to set up...

Thanks!
--
Webster srl
Sede legale:

Tel. +39 049 652527 - Fax +39 049 655297
Email: d.welton at webster.it

Visita www.libreriauniversitaria.it