[Asterisk-Users] problems with app_odbcexec

Pravin Nadarajoo pravin at dgstream.com
Sun Jan 8 23:15:58 MST 2006

Hi all,

I am trying to install the ODBCexec and ODBCquery functions into my
dialplan but I'm having difficulties in the installation of
app_odbcexec.c itself. I'm using Asterisk 1.2.1 and I've downloaded and
installed unixODBC. But when I try to run "make" after editing Makefile
and copying the app_odbcexec.c to my asterisk/apps location, this is the
output I get:

cc -fPIC   -c -o app_odbcexec.o app_odbcexec.c
In file included from /usr/include/asterisk/linkedlists.h:23,
                 from /usr/include/asterisk/chanvars.h:26,
                 from /usr/include/asterisk/channel.h:111,
                 from /usr/include/asterisk/file.h:30,
                 from app_odbcexec.c:22:
/usr/include/asterisk/lock.h: In function `ast_mutex_init':
/usr/include/asterisk/lock.h:525: error: `PTHREAD_MUTEX_RECURSIVE'
undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/include/asterisk/lock.h:525: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once
/usr/include/asterisk/lock.h:525: error: for each function it appears in.)
app_odbcexec.c: In function `odbcexec_exec':
app_odbcexec.c:102: error: structure has no member named `callerid'
app_odbcexec.c: In function `odbcexec_query':
app_odbcexec.c:148: error: structure has no member named `callerid'
app_odbcexec.c: In function `odbc_load_module':
app_odbcexec.c:233: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
without a cast
make: *** [app_odbcexec.o] Error 1

I hope someone can help me on this. I've tried googling this but nothing
has materialised.
Thanks - Pravin