[Asterisk-Users] 2 small issues with Cisco 1760 gateway and Asterisk

Eric Bishop asterisk.eric at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 04:01:22 MST 2006

Hi all,

We have 1760 working perfectly here with Asterisk for in and outbound calls
except for:

1) Outgoing calls sound like they have silence suppression on them (inbound
calls are totally fine though). Have tried "no vad" and and different VICs.

2) On outgoing calls on the Cisco console I get %SIP-3-BADPAIR: Unexpected
event 16 (SIPSPI_EV_CC_CALL_MEDIA_CHANGED) in state 11 (STATE_RECD_INVITE)
substate 0 (SUBSTATE_NONE) . I have googled for this error and checked Cisco
site to no avail.

I am not sure if these two issues are related..