[Asterisk-Users] RE: Fax, txfax -bizarre thing

andrutto andrutto at poczta.fm
Sun Jan 8 03:15:10 MST 2006

Hi,

andrutto wrote:

>>I was wondering why asterisk - great telecommunication program - has such a weak fax support.
>>

>Because it's a PBX and not a fax server.

Yeah, but to traditional PBX central you can plug fax machine hassle free.

I don%u2019t want to use such a big thing like fax server (another machine and another cost ....). I just want to connect to Asterisk one or two fax devices like a normal phone and use them in traditional way I would say paper way. Is this going to work with Asterisk. Or fax plus Asterisk is just something that will not work.

Best regards

Andrutto