[Asterisk-Users] Kudzu and Zaptel Cards

Bart Fisher bhfisher at icpage.com
Sat Jan 7 19:45:12 MST 2006

Redhat has a 'Hardware Discovery Utility' called Kudzu.

When I change cards, kudzu pops up and ask to remove/config the card.
Most of the time kudzu has trouble recognizing the Digium Zaptel cards and calls them something wrong, like calling the TDM card a network card.

I'm having a devil of a time getting 3 TE410P cards to come up with all green lights. For example one or two cards full green, and the other has one red and yellow.  Swap cards give me some other form of workingness.

My question are:

1) How necessary is Kudzu?
2) Should it ran at all?
3) If I choose ignore or disable kudzu, will it stop the zaptel cards from being detected or working?

Any hints will be welcome

TIA

Bart