[Asterisk-Users] Recording Calls at the phone

Ioan Indreias ioan.indreias at modulo.ro
Sat Jan 7 11:09:33 MST 2006

A (too) simple sollution to your problem is to take the analog audio from
your IP phone using a module atached between the curly handset cord and
the base unit of the IP phone - like
http://www.quasarelectronics.com/tre156.htm

So, basically you need to change the old "RJ11 - 1/8 inch recording -
RJ11" system you have used to a new one with "RJ10 - 1/8 inch recording -
RJ10".
Sure, this solution works only if the handeset it is attached through a
RJ10 port to the handset.

I do not know exactly how your software will deal with this change as
there should be a mechnism to start & stop recording based on the audio
level injected into PC's audio card (mic port).

Hope it helps.

Ioan Indreias
Modulo Consulting - http://www.modulo.ro