[Asterisk-Users] RE: Fax, txfax -bizarre thing

Andrew Nowrot andrew.nowrot at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 10:04:11 MST 2006

Hi,

>I certainly don't want to integrate fax<->e-mail support into spandsp.

I think our problem is not connected with spandsp and fax <-> email
integration. All the applications I mean spandsp txfax and rxfax are enough
to have emial <-> fax functionality in Asterisk. I wrote a program which
allows me to convert emial to tiff, it is also not a problem to turn
Asterisk to be a "small" email server (I use qmail). Only problem is with
the txfax (or I don't with what, maybe with synchronization to my Telco).
When Asterisk launch the txfax application sometimes (quite often) something
cause it to hangup the Zap channel and fax transmission goes to .... the
space!.

On http://soft-switch.org/spandsp_faq/ar01s08.html I found that this can be
cause by the synchronization problem, correct me if I'm wrong. But there is
a little, that I can do about it. What should I change to be synchronized
with Telco (linux version, hardware or.....)

Of course that's not a problem to use hylafax, but I just want to have it on
one machine (I'm afraid that Asterisk and hylafax won't run on the same
machine :( )

And one more thing. I use fax machine connected to TDM400P I can receive and
send faxes without problems. I get crazy things

Best wishes

Andrew Nowrot