[Asterisk-Users] transfer application

Bill Michaelson bill at cosi.com
Fri Jan 6 16:39:20 MST 2006

I am having trouble understanding how to use this.  I want to transfer
certain incoming calls from an IAX ITSP based on caller ID.  From what I
can make of the docs, I thought I need to do something like this...

exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,n(nocid),transfer(1000)
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,n,noop(boo,${TRANSFERSTATUS})
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,n,hangup

exten => 1000,1,Dial(IAX2/jnctn_out/16665551234,45,t)
exten => 1000,n,hangup

When the call comes in, the console shows that TRANSFERSTATUS contains
SUCCESS, but there is no evidence that the lines at extension 1000 ever
execute.  The caller hears silence; he is not disconnected.

I'm wondering what is happening or what I'm doing wrong, or if it can be
done.