[Asterisk-Users] Announcing a call transfer

Jonathan Attwood jmattwood at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 15:43:01 MST 2006

.

> There is a feature called attended transfer which does what you want.
> Receptionist dials the attended transfer code, followed by your
> extension.  The caller hears hold music while the receptionist announces
> the call to you.  When she hangs up you get the call.  If you hang up
> before she does, the call goes back to her.
>
> It can be enabled in the features.conf file.  Under the [featuremap]
> section add
> atxfer => code
> on my system it's
> atxfer =>*2
> so I dial *2 followed by the extension to do attended transfer.
>
> However, I don't know anything specific to asterisk at home, so if it's
> different than a stock asterisk setup then I don't know.

It's called "Call Transfer - Managed" in a at h.

All explained here:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~bsharif/asterisk/AsteriskDumbMeGuide.htm#_Toc123532542

I use this feature if I'm on a phone without a flash key (softphone)
however, on phones with a flash/recall key, I can use flash in the
same way as the OP does on his PBX.

Watch out for wrap.