[Asterisk-Users] GSM Gateway / Terminal for sale

Jonathan Attwood jmattwood at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 14:22:17 MST 2006

Couple of ways I use mine:

My mobile operator has just started charging for calls to Freephone
numbers. Therefore, I call into my GSM terminal, free of charge then
hop back out on VoIP or PSTN to make the Freephone call.

My wife has a pay-as-you-go mobile. She can ring a DID on my Asterisk,
which will never answer, so costs her (me) nothing. Then Asterisk
checks the CLI. If it's a CLI from an allowed list, Asterisk will call
her back, using the GSM terminal, out of my inclusive minutes & give
her a dial tone. She can then ring anywhere she likes, as if she were
still at home.