[Asterisk-Users] Recording Calls at the phone

brett at websmyths.com brett at websmyths.com
Fri Jan 6 12:29:48 MST 2006

Michael - the clues are in what you originally wrote:

>> Right now we use these recording controls from radio shack that plug
>> in between the wall jack and the phone and plug in via a 1/8 inch
>> stereo connector to the mic input on the computer.

These phones have to be straight analog phones.

Just put in a channel bank/TDM24XX/Sangoma whatever for the call center.
Do not go IP phones there.  Just wire them up they way they are now.
If your investment in the call recording configuration is so great that
you can't/won't change it - there is no reason not to give the rest of
the company the benefits of VoIP.  You just have to kick in some more
money 8-)

Since you say 'not all' are going thru asterisk - just put in a TDM4XX
to test 4 agents or go with the ATA (re use them later for 'at home'
users)
once you have sold the idea to the 'powers that be'.

Brett