[Asterisk-Users] How To - Building a VoIP-PSTN Gateway with Asterisk

maingault maingault at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jan 6 07:35:40 MST 2006

Hi,

I'm a new user of Aterisk, and I have to configure a VoIP Gateway.

I have an Alcatel PBX with an E1 card, connected, for the moment, to a local
carrier.

I would like work with a french VoIP provider, but, for this, I need to use
a VoIP Gateway for connect my E1.

Thus, I want to build my own voip gateway.

It very simple, I want to connect my PBX to the gateway (E1 link) for both
call origination and termination with a SIP VoIP Provider.

Is asterisk + digium card is ok for this purpose ?

What kind of configuration I have to do on Asterisk ?

Thanks

Bertrand