[Asterisk-Users] Integrating with Toshiba Strata DK40i KSU

Jonathan Feally vulture at netvulture.com
Thu Jan 5 17:26:41 MST 2006

Philip,
Your problem with dialing an extension on the Toshiba and only getting a
second of music on hold has to deal with the fact that you are using an
analog trunk. Asterisk will always say that the analog channel has
answered as soon as it is done sending dtmf on the line. You could help
hide this problem by adding a couple of w's to your dial string, but you
could run into issues where the called extension answers and says hello,
but is cut off. I'd say 3 w's would be your max, giving 1.5 seconds more
of music on hold..  Ex: Dial("Zap/7-1", "Zap/6/351www|5|m")

As far as dialing multiple extensions, you need to setup a hunt group on
your toshiba, then dial the hunt groups number instead of the individual
extensions. The toshiba will then connect asterisk to the first
extension that answers.

You will most likely want to put busydetect=yes in your zapata.conf to
help with busy signals and it may help with your phantom calls on hangups.

Good Luck, -Jon