[Asterisk-Users] Integrating with Toshiba Strata DK40i KSU

Philip Edelbrock phil at netroedge.com
Thu Jan 5 17:01:05 MST 2006

We've done a direct swap of an old Amanda voicemail system with a shiney
new Asterisk system (Asterisk 1.0.9).  The system consists of 4 FXO
ports on the * box (TDM400P), and three old Wildcards we aren't using
(too buggy we found).

CO lines-> Toshiba -> FXO ports on *

We want to branch out a little more and use it as an auto-attendant.

The first problem seems to be an asterisk problem.  When ringing
extensions, it thinks the first ringback is an answer:

   == CDR updated on Zap/7-1
     -- Executing Macro("Zap/7-1", "dialexten|35") in new stack
     -- Executing Dial("Zap/7-1", "Zap/6/351|5|m") in new stack
     -- Called 6/351
     -- Started music on hold, class 'default', on Zap/7-1
     -- Zap/6-1 answered Zap/7-1
     -- Stopped music on hold on Zap/7-1
     -- Attempting native bridge of Zap/7-1 and Zap/6-1

To the caller, they hear on-hold music for just a brief second, and then
ringing.  When they hang up, the lines remained bridged and the
extension continues to ring until I log in and do some 'soft hangup'
commands.

The second problem is more of a Toshiba problem (or rather my lack of
knowledge of). I hope that perhaps somebody might be able to help me?  I
want to have a way to ring multiple extensions if sombody, say, hits
zero.  The Toshiba can ring mutliple extensions for fresh new incoming
calls, but once answered I can't seem to 'unanswer' the call to get it
ringing at multiple stations (we have no designated reception phone that
is staffed 100% of the time).

Thanks!

Phil