[Asterisk-Users] Problem with blind transfer and Polycom phones !! more info

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Thu Jan 5 11:00:12 MST 2006

Because the Polycom softkey menus were so cumbersome, we chose to use
Asterisk's attended and blind transfers facility-wide.  we press ## for
blind transfer (and Allison asks "Transfer", and you type the exten num)
and ** for attended transfer.

One more reason we chose this setup was if we added more non-polycom
phones in the future, the users would already know how to do transfers
without a retraining session :)

Moj

Kib Eki wrote:
> I have to correct myself.
> The problem occurs only when we try dial numbers with 10 or 11 at the beginning.
>

> Kib Eki wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>we just set up an asterisk with 55 Polycom 500 IP phones.
>>
>>The blind transfer does not work.
>>
>>The way we try to blind transfer a call:
>>1. answer the call
>>2. press transfer
>>3. press blind softkey    -> the display shows "Blind transfer to:" and
>>cursor is in the second line
>>4. enter the number    -> when we enter the second digit of the number
>>the display jumps back to "Hold: <number>" view.
>>
>>It is reproducible.
>>
>>Attended transfer works.
>>
>>Any help is welcome! :-))
>>
>>Regards,