[Asterisk-Users] SIP/IAX softphones for use in call centre environments

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Wed Jan 4 22:37:59 MST 2006

I've been working my way through the softphones listed on voip-info over the
last few weeks and I've not really found anything to fit the bill. Has
anyone had more luck?

The environment is a small call centre of 5 users. Operators often need to
be able to transfer calls to other operators with different specialties, so
the softphone needs to be easy to use and quick to transfer calls. Operators
also have a full-screen web application open most of the time to assist them
with callers, so if possible, the softphone needs to either run always on
top, or (possibly) have keyboard hotkeys for common functions.

Most importantly it needs to work with 96dpi fonts (rather than Windows'
default of 72dpi). The TFTs they have are 1280x1024 and operators prefer the
larger font size. Many of the softphones I've tried end up with data
elements appearing in weird places (or not visibile at all) with the larger
font size.

Any thoughts / suggestions / pointers?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,