[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream and Snome remote sip stops taking calls

The VoIP Connection asterisk-biz at thevoipconnection.com
Wed Jan 4 19:20:25 MST 2006

Jason,

Your NAT is closing on you, so you need to do something to keep it open.
With the snom you can register more often (every minute or so usually works)
or you can use QUALIFY. Grandstreams have a NAT keep-alive on the phone
which is enabled using NAT TRAVERSAL = YES.  This mechanism sends an empty
packet at a regular interval to your server keeping the NAT port open. The
default keep alive interval is usually fine. Note that if you have more than
one phone at a location with you should set USE RANDOM PORT = YES.

Michael Crown
Managing Partner
www.thevoipconnection.com
321.989.6728 ext. 611