[Asterisk-Users] Email2fax big problemo

Andrew Nowrot andrew.nowrot at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 12:53:06 MST 2006

Hi,

Few days ago I installed Email2fax application on my Asterisk box. I works
but not in 100 %. Sometimes (to be certain quite often) I don't receive the
whole fax. My fax machine cuts off transmission in 1/2 or 1/3 of the page. I
read about it on a wiki and some user lists and people say that this
behaviour could be cause be the Ghostscript and the conversion to the tiff
format, but when I sent an email with tiff format as a attachment I got the
same result (I receive only half of the page). Other said the this is cause
by the 2.4 kernel and I should change it to 2.6, but I'm not sure if they
are right. (I must say that I can't change my kernel because of some other
applications). I also read that this situation could be caused by the
spandsp library.
My question is what can I do to have this working in 100 %. Many people say
that they don't have such a problem, despite they have similar configuration
of Asterisk (same kernel, spandsp). Maybe it is txfax problem? Does anyone
have a solution??

Cheers

Andrew