[Asterisk-Users] Strange AGI behavior on Mac OS X

Chris bianchi at vermontel.net
Wed Jan 4 11:27:27 MST 2006

Hello,
I have an perl AGI script that uses the "alarm(3)" perl command to set a
timer and then calls $AGI->record(...).  When the alarm goes off a
subroutine "handleAlarm" is called which carries out an action while the
record is taking place.  This has been working great on Linux.  The strange
behavior is that on Mac OS X, when the alarm SIG is received the handleAlarm
routine is called like it should be but the AGI read from STDIN returns
early with null which the AGI module interprets as a "noresponse" and hangs
up.  On Linux this works fine.  I've been searching and searching and can't
seem to find any indication that this should not work the same on OS X as it
does on Linux.  I'm wondering if anyone knows more about how STDIN/STDOUT
are used in Asterisk why the alarm timer might interrupt the read from
STDIN?

Thanks,
Chris