[Asterisk-Users] Having major issues with TDM2400

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Jan 4 10:20:38 MST 2006

On Wednesday 04 January 2006 01:34, Kerry Garrison wrote:
> Not at all, I am right with you. I am listening to what Digium is saying
> and letting them spin their resources on it. They say they have it working,

Who at Digium is saying that POTS inband progress detection will definitely
work and that they will make it work no matter what?  Nobody at Digium that I
know would ever say anything like that, because inband progress detection is
a fool's errand in this day and age.

It *can* work, but it's difficult, not guaranteed and is prone to
misdetection.  The second you *rely* on it, as it appears you are trying to
do, that is when it will jump up and bite you on the ass.  This is one of the
biggest reasons why anyone doing this professionally uses a PRI.

-A.