[Asterisk-Users] Resolving timing issues with dual PRIs in a TE411P

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Jan 4 10:14:48 MST 2006

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 18:34, Casey Boone wrote:
> you could try setting the * box to pull timing from each pri connected
> to it and set the nortel to be a master for that circuit and see if that
> helps any

That's actually what he has right now, and that's not such a good idea.

Digium PRI cards can only take ONE clock and that is the clock for the entire
card.  He needs to build a proper spanning tree, but it appears that he has
done this.

The Allstream PRI (only four B channels?!) is the primary timing source, and
if the Allstream PRI is down, the card will take timing from the Meridian.  I
would suggest changing the Meridian clocking to '0' (never sync to this span)
and ensure that the Meridian is indeed set to recover clock from the line.
(This is the default with Meridians).

Short of that, I'd be looking at the system itself, looking for timing errors
or overutilized CPU to try and track down the source of hte problem.
Generally speaking you do not get echo or shitty call quality from frame
slips; you get buzzing and HDLC errors and D channel restarts.

-A.

He should be slaving to the Allstream PRI