[Asterisk-Users] Resolving timing issues with dual PRIs in a TE411P

Anthony Rodgers Anthony_Rodgers at dnv.org
Tue Jan 3 17:11:56 MST 2006

I'm not sure I follow - too much Christmas eggnog, perhaps.......

My understanding is that one of the spans is always primary - Asterisk
will get its timing from that span unless no timing signal is present
there, when it will go to the secondary source etc.

Just to avoid any confusion, our connections look like this:

Telus (telco) <-> Nortel PBX <-> Asterisk <-> Allstream (telco)

The Asterisk server is NET to the Nortel, and CPE to Allstream, and
gets its timing from Allstream.
The Nortel is CPE to Telus, and gets its timing from Telus.