Using *RT for HA purposes was: [Asterisk-Users] Realtime Multiple Asterisk boxes, iaxusers

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Jan 4 07:41:20 MST 2006

Mike Fedyk wrote:

> Can the various *RT servers be configured to use different tables so
> there won't be any conflicts even if there is any client overlap between
> the servers?

Yes, but I'm not sure how you'd manage failover in that situation then.

> What I'm thinking of in this instance is active/active failover.
> Example:  The HA system detects a peer has failed, fences it and then
> instructs asterisk to take over the registrations in table X that the
> failed peer was using.

There is not currently any way to accomplish that, unless you do it in
the database itself. If your database supports updatable views, then
each server could actually be connected to a view that provided only the
desired rows out of the master table, and the failover process could
rebuild the view for the new 'active' server. It'd be a bit ugly, but
not horrible.