Using *RT for HA purposes was: [Asterisk-Users] Realtime Multiple Asterisk boxes, iaxusers

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Wed Jan 4 03:10:34 MST 2006

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> If the two servers service distinctly separate groups of endpoints,
> they can share the same table since they won't care about the other
> server's entries. If the two servers service the same endpoints but in
> an active/passive arrangement, that would also work.

Can the various *RT servers be configured to use different tables so
there won't be any conflicts even if there is any client overlap between
the servers?

What I'm thinking of in this instance is active/active failover.
Example:  The HA system detects a peer has failed, fences it and then
instructs asterisk to take over the registrations in table X that the
failed peer was using.

How close is this example to reality with *RT?