Using *RT for HA purposes was: [Asterisk-Users] Realtime MultipleAsterisk boxes, iaxusers

Peter Bowyer peeebeee at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 05:32:52 MST 2006

On 04/01/06, Alistair Cunningham <acunningham at integrics.com> wrote:
> Tijmen,
>
> We use SER for this to load balance across multiple Asterisks. We then
> use a custom program to monitor the health of the Asterisks and update
> SER's configuration should one go down. 2 SERs share a single IP address
> for users to contact using heartbeat.

I was thinking along the same lines, but for a dynamic setup it should
be possible to have SER/OpenSER load balance REGISTER requests
according to some strategy/metrics, and then forward INVITEs and other
call-related traffic to the 'right' back-end server.

Probably lots of reasons why this is too complicated, though....

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter at bowyer.org