Using *RT for HA purposes was: [Asterisk-Users] Realtime MultipleAsterisk boxes, iaxusers

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Wed Jan 4 05:24:35 MST 2006

Tijmen,

We use SER for this to load balance across multiple Asterisks. We then
use a custom program to monitor the health of the Asterisks and update
SER's configuration should one go down. 2 SERs share a single IP address
for users to contact using heartbeat.

It works well, and we have several customers with it in production. The
load balacing isn't perfect, and it can give uneven loads at low
capacity, but it gets better as load increases which is where it matters.

Alistair Cunningham,
Integrics Ltd,
+44 (0)7870 699 479
http://integrics.com/