[Asterisk-Users] voip-info: Asterisk record calls

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Tue Jan 3 18:31:30 MST 2006

Wow, example by me.  I don't read the Wiki enough lately ;)

while you are recording, are there *-in and *-out files being created?
Within seconds of hanging up, do they disappear to be replaced by a
single file?  In my php I search for records using the following:

ls -1t --color=never --almost-all $thepath | grep -v in | grep -v out >
/tmp/some_list3991-0s022

(aside from the fact that this type of ugly code should NEVER be found
in the wild for too many reasons to go over)

so look for all files, ignore the ones that include the word in or the
word out in the filenames..

The soft link bit isn't necessary to see the recordings listed, only to
download them from the webpage.

So the areas in which this could mess up are A) sox isn't mixing
anything, so therefore no files exist that don't contain "in" or "out"
in the file name.  is soxmix for sure installed as part of the sox
package?  try typing: "soxmix filename-in.wav filename-out.wav
filename.wav" and when it's done, check with the recordings php again to
see if it sees anything now.

B) bad permissions in the /tmp dir.  I'm trying to create and then
re-read a text file.  "chmod 1777 /tmp"?

C) Do you set your monitor filename in the asterisk dialplan?  I never
experimented with this but you should see recordings listed anyway, even
with this option.

D) Depending on what distribution you're using, maybe my ls bit isn't
right.  They are all pretty imperative switches for my use.   There are
a billion ways to skin this cat, including with cut or awk.

All this is using Automon in features.conf, I assume this is the automon
you speak of?

Hope this helps!

Moj

--