[Asterisk-Users] integration with Meridian/Norstar ATA2

Darrick Hartman dhartman at djhsolutions.com
Tue Jan 3 18:14:21 MST 2006

I'm attempting to use an asterisk box with a Digium TDM01B as voicemail
for an existing Meridian/Norstar PBX with an ATA-2 adapter.  We're
having problems where hangup is not always (but sometimes) detected.
It's not detected probably 70% of the time or more.  (The users transfer
callers to an extension--caller then has to navigate a menu to get to
the appropriate user).

After doing some searching the ATA-2 is not capable of providing
disconnect supervision.  Since this is a temporary situation (we're
doing some testing before switching completely to an Asterisk based
system), is there something I can try to improve the percentage of calls
that are disconnected?

I would use silence detection in voicemail.conf but wanted to know if
there was some other method.

Thanks,

Darrick

--