[Asterisk-Users] Dialer

Wiley Siler wsiler at education2020.com
Tue Jan 3 16:31:47 MST 2006

Hello All,

I am having trouble finding a specific * piece of software so I thought
I would see If you guys can help me get my terminology clear.

First off let me premise this with "no, this is absolutely not for doing
call marketing".
I need to make my Asterisk box call a group of people and play them a
message.
My company deals with education so we need to do follow ups if students
are not logging on.
We do this manually now but it would be easier and cheaper to just play
them a message.

What is the term I should be looking for?  I keep thinking "auto dialer"
or something like that but I am not quite getting there.

Any help would be appreciated.  I have been learning a bit of Perl so I
was thinking I could auto generate and AGI file and then just do a
Play() of the mp3 when they pick up at the other end?  Seems a little
kludge though.

Thanks,
Wiley