[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on Dell blade servers

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Tue Jan 3 10:21:02 MST 2006

We've been asked to quote for a large cluster running Asterisk and our
ITSP in a box product. The system will be SIP throughout, with mixed
codecs.

We're considering using Dell blade servers, 1855 or similar, on the
grounds that we normally use Dell machines and they work well, but we
need higher rack density.

Has anyone used these? Any feedback on whether they're
good/bad/indifferent? What scalability do you get on simple SIP-SIP
forwarding either with or without RTP passing through Asterisk?

--
Alistair Cunningham,
Integrics Ltd,