[Asterisk-Users] Re: What is the best Dell Machine for Asterisk?

Administrator TOOTAI admin at tootai.net
Mon Jan 2 16:38:53 MST 2006

Mike Fedyk a écrit :

> Administrator TOOTAI wrote:
>
>> Craig Guy a écrit :
>>
>>> Are you using raid for performance or redundancy?  Software raid is
>>> nice except when the drive that fails is the one with your boot
>>> partition on it. I guess you could always tftp boot the kernel or
>>> something.
>>

>> If you're using GRUB, fallback option allow you to boot on another
>> boot partition if first failed.
>

> Yes, and if you don't get to GRUB, what do you do?

Lilo is also able to boot from different disks (MBR)

> I very much prefer a Linux software raid setup myself, but you are
> depending on the quirks of your BIOS if your primary boot drive dies.

We _are_ speaking about SW Raid. Once you have your bootloader, BIOS is
not anymore involved. And if this bootloader is able to boot from
another MBR, why not using this feature ;-)?

All our servers are seted up in SW Raid1 with the GRUB fallback option:
it's working very well.
--
Daniel