[Asterisk-Users] E911 And Routing

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Jan 2 08:50:35 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 10:35 -0500, Matt wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anyone give me their thoughts and experiences with companies like
> DASH-911, etc that will let me forward 911 calls OVER THE PSTN and
> have them routed via the company?  The company should also be able to
> update the PS/ALI records.
>
> I've heard good stuff about DASH-911, but called them today (Jan 2nd)
> as a test.   Sales office just rings and rings (no voicemail) And tech
> support goes to a voicemailbox.. not good if you have a 911 emergency
> with your routing, and can't get ahold of your 911 routing company!

My google alert found this today:

Dash911's E911 Service for VoIPProviders Goes Live January 4 ...
PR Web (press release) - Ferndale,WA,USA
Dash911 has been certified to go live in handling E911 calls for VoIP
providers. Any VoIP provider can now comply with FCC rules ...

Granted if its a couple days before that and you cant get hold of anyone
that might be a problem ...

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378